Welcome and thank you for your interest in our Family Imaging Study!
You know where your eye color and height came from, but do you ever wonder where your temperament and thinking style came from? Is it all in the genes, or from your environment or both? No one knows exactly and our UCSF Research Team is seeking the answer to this question using the latest technology in neuroscience.
We are asking families with children born through assisted reproductive technology (e.g., in vitro fertilization, intrauterine insemination, surrogacy) to help us with this research because you can provide us with a unique insight into the effect and interplay of genes and different environmental factors.
While contributing to reveal one of the most intriguing mysteries of the human brain, this is a fantastic and rare opportunity for you to find out more about you, your partner, and your children, through brain scans and psychological assessment!
- Receive in-depth reports on cognitive and socioemotional assessments for yourself and your family, if you wish
- Brain pictures, a unique view of yourself and children—perfect for a scrapbook or show-and-tell
- Travel reimbursement (to UCSF Mission Bay campus)
Please note that there are some requirements to participate in the study:
• Your child was born through assisted reproductive technology
• Your child is approximately 6-12 years old
• You and your child must be fluent English speakers
If you would like to participate please: